Inauguration of Legal Assistance Establishment at Delhi SLSA
Inauguration of Legal Assistance Establishment “Nyaya Sanyog” at Delhi State Legal Services Authority, Patiala House Courts, New Delhi
With a view to facilitating easier access to information with regard to the legal services, Hon’ble Mr. Justice Dipak Misra, Judge, Supreme Court of India & Executive Chairman, National Legal Services Authority has conceived the idea of establishing Legal Assistance Establishments in all the State Legal Services Authorities. In such Establishments, the legal aid beneficiaries would be able to get quick information about their case status pending in any of the districts, legal aid and advice and various schemes of NALSA and Central/State Governments and can also talk to their Advocates through telephone or video conferencing.
2.The first such establishment has been set up at Delhi State Legal Services Authority under the aegis of NALSA at Patiala House Courts Complex, New Delhi on 17.05.2017. Hon’ble Mr. Justice Dipak Misra inaugurated the aforesaid Legal Assistance Establishment (Nyaya Sanyog) in the august presence of Hon’ble Judges of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, Hon’ble Ms. Justice Gita Mittal, Acting Chief Justice, High Court of Delhi & Executive Chairperson, DSLSA, Hon’ble Mr. Justice S. Ravindra Bhat, Judge, High Court of Delhi & Chairman, DHCLSC and other dignitaries.
3. Nyaya Sanyogis manned by Legal Services Advocate(s) on the panel of DSLSA/DLSA along with staff of DSLSA, besides para legal volunteers, who would have knowledge about and, be in possession of database of all the activities of DSLSA/DLSAs as well as other information that may be required by people making queries. Nyaya Sanyog would be functional from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on all working days. The Nyaya Sanyog provides the following facilities:
- Helpline No.1516;
- Dedicated landline telephone;
- Dedicated email I.D.
- Video Conferencing with DLSAs and Jails;
- Mobile phone with dedicated number.
- Internet facilities for linking with the website of Supreme Court, Delhi High Court, Delhi District Courts, NALSA and other important Courts/Tribunals and availing information from website of DSLSA itself.
- Services of a legal aid lawyer to provide legal aid and advice
- PLV to assist the legal aid lawyer and to help the litigants in filling up forms for legal aid etc.